Topic 1: Polar Coordinates
Topic 2: Infinite Series
- Infinite Series (Salas & Hille Sections 13.1-13.2)
- SHW 12: Exercises 1-18, 27-36, 43, 44, 46, pp. 655-656.
- SHW 13: Exercises 1-29 (odd), pp. 663-664.
- Quiz 2 is Wednesday, January 25, 2006.
- SHW 14: Exercises 1-33 (odd), pp. 668-669.
- Quiz 3 is Wednesday, February 8, 2006.
- p-series Paper Due: Tuesday, February 21, 2006.
- SHW 15: Exercises 1-23 (odd), pp. 674.
- SHW 16: Exercises 1-20 (all), pp. 685-686.
- SHW 17: Exercises 1-27 (odd), pp. 690-691.
- Calculus Exploration 14 (mws file) Taylor Polynomials - The Movie
Weeks of April 3 & 10, 2006
- Challenge Problem. (Bonus)
Consider SHW6B Answers (this is from the other calc class). In each exercise we computed the
Average Value of the function between its two x-intercepts. Further, in each case the Average
Value of the given function between its two x-intercepts turned out to be exactly 2/3 of the
maximum value of the function between its two x-intercepts.
Question 1. Is this last statement in red always true for any function ?
Show that the answer to this question is "no" by finding a counter-example.
Question 2. Possibly the statement in red is true for all functions that are "like" the functions
in the answers to SHW6B ? Answer this question by proving or disproving it.
- SHW 18: Slope Field Exercises (pdf file) - Nancy Stephenson
- SHW 19: Calculus Exploration 15A (mws file) Visualizing Slope Fields
- SHW 20: Calculus Exploration 15B (mws file) Visualizing Euler's Method
- SHW 21: More DE Exercises